Dec 13, 2009

I've been in a sewing mood lately. When I get into a groove with sewing/creating things I love it. The main problem with this is it tends to take over our dining room table. Right now there is an ironing board in the dining room, the sewing machine on the table and a million scrap fabric pieces are all over the place. Luckily, John is very understanding and as long as they get to eat, the kids don't really care either. In the past few days I've completed 3 projects, 1 is halfway and I have several others I'm scheming. We'll see how it goes. I would share what the projects are, except they're presents. So you'll have to wait until after Christmas. I'm taking pictures of the different things too - so hopefully I'll have the ability to show you pictures by then too.

One project was a skirt for Téah. I've had this pink fabric I've been hanging onto for two years now and it made a great skirt for her when combined with some brown fabric I had too. It's a bit long, but she loved it nonetheless. And now that I've done one it's easy and I can do more. Téah would wear skirts and/or dresses every day if I let her so this could save us some great money. She's small enough I can use mostly scraps and remnants. Score!

2 comments:

amberbahler said...

Hey! Was that the skirt Teah was wearing last night at church? I though it was super cute and was going to mention it but got caught up chasing my child around. Great job, mama!

Alyssa said...

That was it! It was a bit long, but she didn't care and at least it will fit her for awhile.